BorderGuru GmbH is a start-up offering an easy solution for retailers to sell and ship their products internationally – as easily as domestically. Integrated into the websites of our client retailers, consumers can shop abroad, transparently see the amount of duties & taxes for the order, pay them up front, and get their products shipped to their home. Anywhere in the world.
A win-win situation: low effort to internationalize for the retailer, borderless online-shopping for the consumer.
As part of the Otto Group, BorderGuru is backed by a big business group and has the Hermes Group as a reliable partner in both operations and sales.
We are growing and are currently looking for a (Senior) Full Stack Developer to join our Development Team based in Hamburg.
- Design and build intuitive to use services
- Increase performance and scalability of our products
- Optimize and maintain existing systems
- Write clean, modular and robust code
- Take an active part in architecture decisions and complex development tasks
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
- Experience working as a Full Stack Developer
- Experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience with broker-based architectures
- Unit, Functional and Integration Testing
- Enthusiasm for Microservices architecture and distributed systems
- You are motivated to learn and handle new technologies and implement your ideas
- Work and communicate in a team
- You like to take on responsibilities and think proactively
- Fluent in English (don’t know German? no problem!)
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with React
- Experience in mobile development with Android
- Knowledge of using Linux systems
- Experience with Docker
- Experience as DevOps is a plus
- Being part of a young, fast-growing company
- Long-term perspective in a growing startup with flat hierarchies
- Strong international partners
- Flexible working hours
- Best of two worlds: Start-up environment backed with corporate advantages by the Otto Group
- Subsidized public transport ticket
- Offices are centrally located in the middle of beautiful Hamburg
- International environment